Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Starbucks Voyage of Success

This article talked about how Starbucks became a success. Three good friends started their new business idea, a coffee shop. But in 1971 it seems not a good idea to open a coffee shop. But they decided to keep selling it and put another new ideas in their coffee. They are not just selling coffee, but also quality. And they treat their staff very well, because staff needs to make good coffee and provide good service to customers. Now Starbucks has 5,689 outlets in 28 countries; that means they make a lot of money, and people really accept it. They still try to make new things in Starbucks and try to make it better. That’s why it can be successful.

I know Starbucks in Taiwan, but I never bought it. They are too expensive, but I saw a lot people buy from them. Since I came to the U.S. and I saw more people go to buy Starbucks, that’s really interesting, because you can buy some cheap coffee powder or coffee tins. But people choose Starbucks; they really make good coffee. You can ask them to put or take out anything you want, like customized coffee. I never bought it, but someone bought it for me. It’s really good. So I want to learn how they did it. Coffee idea can turn into a big business; these guys are very smart.

EAP2 Section B – News Talk
Project - Starbucks
11/09/2007
Henry

No comments: